Schedule of Fees – Rochester Williams
These are fees which we are entitled to charge you under the Tenant Fees Act 2019 and applies to all assured shorthold tenancies signed after 1 June 2019.
Holding Deposit (per tenancy)
This is paid to reserve the property and will be held by us for a period of 15 days unless we agree otherwise.
At the end of the 15-day period (or such longer period as we may agree) the deposit will be refunded to you or be offset against your rent or deposit as agreed unless any of the proposed tenants or guarantors:
- withdraw from the tenancy
- fail a Right-to-Rent check
- provide significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign any of the required documentation (including the tenancy agreement and guarantee)
Allowable tenancy Deposit per tenancy
- where the rent is less than £50,000 pa – Five weeks rent
- where the rent is £50,000 pa or more – Six weeks rent
Lost key or security devices
Change of tenant
Reasonable expenses would include the cost of taking the landlord’s instructions, referencing the new tenant, carrying out a Right to Rent check, dealing with deposit registration, creating a new inventory and the preparation and signature of new legal documents.
Ending a tenancy early